Life Care Center of Sarasota
Just minutes away from the beaches of Sarasota Bay, Life Care Center of Sarasota provides quality nursing care and rehabilitation services in an attractive environment. The senior health care facility is within minutes of doctors’ offices and hospitals, providing easy access to physicians’ care.
Life Care Center of Sarasota has earned a reputation as the leader in both long-term nursing care and post-acute care. It has been named one of “America’s Top Nursing Homes” by the Consumers’ Research Council of America. Customer service is our primary focus, and our exceptional associates practice this every day.
Our facility is proud to be the recipient of the following awards and recognitions:
- 2013 AHCA Gold National Quality Award winner
- Accredited by The Joint Commission since 2002
- Named to America’s Top Nursing Homes in 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008 and 2006
- Latrina Clemons, CNA staffing coordinator, received 2012 CNA of the Year Award from Florida Health Care Association
- Marita Ulysse, lead resident care specialist received 2012 RN of the Year Award from Florida Health Care Association
- Nancy Magnuson received Life Care Centers of America's company-wide 2011 DON of the Year Award
- 2010 AHCA Silver National Quality Award winner
- Senior Executive Director Nina Willingham received 2010 Chairman's Award for Life Care Centers of America
- Senior executive director currently serving as president of Florida Health Care Association
- Dr. Chris Gelvin, facility medical director, named Company-Wide Medical Director of the Year for Life Care Centers of America in 2009
- Senior Executive Director Nina Willingham received 2008 President’s Award for Life Care Centers of America
- Senior Executive Director Nina Willingham named Nursing Home Administrator of the Year in 2006
- Recipient of 2005 Nursing Homes Magazine Optima Award for excellence in resident-focused care
- 2004 JCAHO Ernest A. Codman winner for performance measures in end-of-life care (only facility out of 16,000 nationwide)
- 2004 AHCA Bronze National Quality Award winner
Skilled nursing and rehab facilities are judged by many standards, such as surveys conducted by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and The Joint Commission. Individual caregivers carry certifications and accreditations as well.